Follow these 10 tips for keeping your Air Condition running smoothly, so your home will stay cool all season long.
1.Clean condenser (AC unit outside) with soft pressure water. Don’t worry much about the bottom. Make sure to turn off the breaker for AC before doing it.
2. Never use a pressure washer or high-pressure water spray, it can damage condenser and reduce efficiency.
If it is heavily dirty contact your HVAC contractor.
3. If you turn OFF the breaker of AC during winter, make sure to turn it ON before 48 hours of start using your AC.
4. Never cover your AC, even in winter.
Covering AC can increase breakdowns.
5. Make sure for NO obstruction 6” surrounding of the condenser unit.
6. Always check your Filter, and make sure to replace it from time to time.
7. Especially for old Furnace fan, do not use a dense filter which reduces airflow and lead to frozen Coil Or ice build up.
8. Check drain tube for any blockages. Clean it to avoid water dripping into Furnace & surroundings.
9.Before calling any technician for troubleshooting.
- Check breaker if it is tripped off.
- Check Furnace switch.
- Check Fuse.
- Check thermostat's setting and batteries.
10. If it is time to replace your Air Condition, ask your contractor if you are eligible for any Rebate.
Please share for awareness.
In public interest by GLORS Heating & Air Conditioning:-
Toll Free: 1 (855) 824-3858